Welcome to BU Summer Term! The summer study experience at Boston University is open to all college students from BU and other schools, as well as adult learners, and students from other countries. Admission is not required to enroll, all you need to do is choose your course(s) and register.
Registration for Summer 2018 begins at 7 am on February 22, 2018. You can begin planning your summer study by browsing our selection of more than 700 courses.
We invite you to sign up now for an email reminder.
Not Sure Which Group Applies to You?
- Current BU Students are…
- All part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at BU
- All current BU international students
- BU entering first year students
- Students returning from a BU approved Leave of Absence
- Visiting Students are…
- Any U.S. citizen or permanent resident not currently enrolled at BU
- Students enrolled at another U.S. school or college
- BU Alumni, including those graduating in May
- Non-BU graduate students fulfilling prerequisites for further study
- High school graduates and adults not currently enrolled at BU
- Visiting International Students are…
- Citizens of countries other than the U.S., who are not currently BU students
- International students who are attending other colleges in the U.S.
- College students and adults from other countries
- High School Students are…
- Any U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or international student currently enrolled in secondary school
- Students 14 to 18 years of age
- Adults and Professionals are…
- Adults seeking short-term summer courses or flexible formats such as blended or online learning
- Working professionals who want to enhance their credentials or gain new job skills
- Lifelong learners looking for opportunities to expand their knowledge or explore new interests
Tuition remission is available for eligible Boston University employees during Summer Term. Information on eligibility for tuition remission benefits is available on the BU HR website. Employees who are taking classes for the first time will need to complete a paper Registration Form.